Thursday, October 14, 2010

art shows!

I'm sure many of you Richmondites have already been to these galleries because of the First Friday art walk. I had to share how much I love these artists! :)






Here are some photos from the art opening of my wonderful glass professor, Sayaka Suzuki! She made these amazing little glass veggies that I was convinced were edible. Some were complimented by these beautifully crafted home recipes. (she makes amazing zucchini bread!) You can see us having a loving moment in the last photo! <3
Her show took place at Quirk Gallery in the Vault Room, it'll probably be up till the end of the month, so don't hesitate to check it out!






So, right after Sayaka's opening, we ventured to the phenomenal Josh George's show. Sadly I didn't get a picture of the artist with his work, but I got a lovely photo of Geraldine Duskin, one of the owners of Ghostprint Gallery (the location).
This show blew my mind! I love the combination of the shredded paper, vibrant colors and intimidating sizes of his works. Again, if anyone's in town, definitely check it out before it's too late!!!


Thank guys!
-Sibi

No comments:

Post a Comment