Tuesday, October 26, 2010

munsell color system




Here is one of my recent projects from my color theory class with Robert Meganck! Basically the project was to make an image using the Munsell color system as a map.

The cat acts as the middle of the sphere which goes from dark at the bottom to light at the top. The colors around it go from desaturated in the core to more saturated towards the surface and the top has lighter colors and the bottom has darker colors.

I thought it would be fun to show you my process of the project. I took reference photos of Ginger, the cat and I got a yarn ball off Google and just reproduced it to get the basic composition. Next I draw it then scanned it in and digitally colored it!
I know the perspective and lighting are kind of off in the final image, but I think it gets the point across.

Here is the Munsell Color System, in case you are wondering what I'm talking about! :)


Thanks!,
-Sibi

No comments:

Post a Comment